Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Formal McFormal Pants.

Hello again!
This past weekend was formal for my BF's Frat. I thought this would be a good topic to cover since this is only formal #2 for me.

First off, what is formal?
Formal is a time when Fraternities celebrate (not really sure what is being celebrated thought) with a larger, and fancier, than normal party. Sometimes the formals will be held somewhere for a weekend get away or in a hotel. We went to Lake Cumberland and stayed in a cabin over the weekend for this one. Like I said before, formal is definitely more formal than a regular party. All the guys wear suits and ties or a blazer and dress pants. The ladies usually wear knee length dresses. Mine was a white, a little above the knee length dress with short-sleeves and black lace running down the middle. For shoes I wore champagne colored kitten heels. If you feel more comfortable in flats, I saw many girls were them, same goes for dresses. If you feel more comfortable in a dress that covers more. Oh and hair! For that I fallowed a YouTube tutorial for an up do. I'll post a link so you can see. Hair!

After getting all fancy we all gathered together to take photos. The photos are the main reason why I say wear what you feel comfortable in. These photos will be around for a long time, if you look back and think to yourself "I should have worn X instead of Y. My ____ looks ____."   Then by all means choose X.

Next we all piled into cars and drove to have dinner. Ours was at a lovely country club with catering form a BBQ restaurant. Sometimes after dinner there is dancing, but the UK games was going to air right after dinner, and we were NOT going to miss it. In my first formal experience, after dinner we all headed back to the cabin to hang out and listen to people play guitar and sing, it really depends on what people have planed to do.

One thing I didn't realize was that sororities don't have formals like fraternities do, I learned this form a friend I work with. If you get the chance to go to a formal take it! I had so much fun talking to some of the new guys and their dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment